SuperStart! 2022 Registration Policy
Tour Schedule and Important Dates
|Event||Dates||City||Venue||30 Day Deadline||14 Day Deadline|
|GA||Jan 21-22||Athens||Athens Church||01/05/22||01/07/22|
|FL||Jan 28-29||Orlando||First Baptist Orlando||01/05/22||01/14/22|
|VA||Feb 4-5||Richmond||Fairmount Christian Church||01/05/22||01/21/22|
|TX||Feb 4-5||Dallas||Crossroads Christian Church||01/05/22||01/21/22|
|MO||Feb 11-12||St. Louis||Harvester Christian Church||01/12/22||01/28/22|
|OK||Feb 18-19||Tulsa||COX Business Convention Center||01/19/22||02/04/22|
|IL1||Feb 25-26||Bloomington||Eastview Christian Church||01/26/22||02/11/22|
|KY||Mar 11-12||Louisville||Northeast Christian Church||02/09/22||02/25/22|
|OH||Mar 18-19||Cincinnati (Lakeside Park, KY)||Lakeside Christian Church||02/16/22||03/04/22|
|IL2||Mar 18-19||Chicago||Community Christian Church - Yellowbox||02/16/22||03/04/22|
***NEW FOR 2022:
Deposits ($25/person) once paid, will not be refunded, transferred to another group or event, or applied to a pending group balance under ANY circumstances. SuperStart! uses deposits to plan and program events. In rare, unavoidable situations when an event or events must be canceled SuperStart! is not able to refund deposits as those funds have been spent in preparation for the event. In that circumstance, SuperStart! will apply the deposit to provide an alternate event experience. Additional details below.
- 30 days or more before the event: $50, (Early Price), Adults- $35
- 14 days or more before the event: $55, (Regular Price), Adults- $35
- Less than 14 days before the event: $60. (Late Price), Adults- $35
How To Register:
All registrations are processed online and will have the option to pay with a credit card or mail a check.
Register online at www.ciy.com/SuperStart/register
If mailing a check payment, please make payable to Christ In Youth and send to:
Christ In Youth
PO Box B
Joplin, MO 64802
SuperStart! cannot accept multiple personal checks from parents for registration deposits or final payment. Checks must come from the church/organization or one personal check per payment.
30 day deadlines – for price – fall on Wednesday, 4 weeks and 2 days prior to the event.
14 day deadlines – for price and balance payments – fall on Friday, two weeks prior to the event.
Deposits & Cancellations:
A deposit of $25 per person must be received in order to register for SuperStart!. Space will be held temporarily (7 calendar days from when the invoice is sent) for those choosing to mail a check, but will be cancelled if the deposit(s) is/are not received within the 7 days after the invoice was sent.
Deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances. This includes a church reducing their total number attending or cancelling their attendance entirely. Deposits are also non-refundable if an event cannot be held due to weather, pandemic or endemic disease or other causes beyond the control of Christ In Youth. For the purposes of this policy, non-refundable means that deposits will not be returned, transferred to another event or church, or applied to any remaining balance of the church. If a specific student cannot attend you can fill that spot with another student or adult from your church. Reduction of total count or complete cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the deposit for each spot cancelled.
Registration counts are considered final as of 14 days prior to your event and full payment is due at that time (see below). No refunds will be given for reduced registration totals or group cancellations less than 14 days before the event. Groups that have not paid in full, and then reduce space or cancel will be responsible for paying the full balance for all space reserved as of 14 days before the event.
Exchanges of Adult & Student Registrations:
Groups may exchange Adult & Student registrations at any time. When doing so the following will apply:
- When exchanging student spots for adult spots less than 14 days prior to the start of the event no refund shall be given for the difference in cost between student registration price and adult registration price – and any balance that has not been paid will remain due.
- When exchanging adult spots for student spots, the current rate (at the time of the exchange) for student registrations will be charged.
Balance Payment Deadline (14 days before the event):
All group balances are due in full 14 days prior to the start of the event. A $5/person late payment fee will apply for all groups/persons not paid in full by the payment deadline (14 days prior to the start of the event). The maximum that a group would be charged is $5 x the number of attendees registered as of 14 days prior to the event if only deposits have been paid by the payment deadline.
Medical Release Forms
SuperStart! must receive an appropriately signed CIY Medical Release Form for everyone (Adults and Students) in attendance at SuperStart!. A parent or legal guardian must sign the form for anyone under 18. Only the CIY Medical Release Form is accepted. Neither adults nor students may remain at a SuperStart! event without a signed CIY Medical Release Form. These forms are now being completed electronically, access to the web form will be provided when the registration is processed. Electronically submitted forms do not have to be turned in at the event, but the church is responsible for carrying a copy during the event in case of emergency.
Groups are required to bring a minimum of 1 adult for every 5 students attending SuperStart!. In addition, groups must have at least 1 male and 1 female adult if they are bringing both male and female students to the event.
Adult Leader Screening
CIY requires that ALL adult leaders:
- Successfully complete at minimum a National Criminal & Sex Offender background check.
- Complete an approved abuse awareness training module.
- Complete the adult medical release form along with the acknowledgments of CIY’s child protection and adult leader screening process.
Costs associated with background checks and/or abuse awareness training will be the responsibility of the church or the adult leader.
CIY reserves the right at its sole discretion to exclude from participation in any SuperStart event adults who have criminal or sex offense charges/convictions in their past.
In the rare instance that an event must be cancelled (due to inclement weather, pandemic / endemic disease, lack of attendance, or other causes outside the control of CIY) the following will apply:
- All deposits are non-refundable & non-transferrable (to another CIY program or church) regardless of the reason an event is cancelled (or the group chooses not to attend).
- Christ In Youth will make every effort to hold all events as scheduled and will communicate with registered groups if there are changes to the schedule. Group leaders along with church leadership are responsible for making appropriate determinations about the safety of travelling to an event location.
- Unless required by government agencies or venue closure, Christ In Youth will not terminate an event once it begins. If an event must be terminated because of a government action or venue closure, CIY will not refund registration fees for the event.
- If, prior to beginning, an event is cancelled or rescheduled, registered groups will be given the option to attend a rescheduled date, transfer to another location on the same tour or be refunded amounts paid above the deposit amount. CIY is not responsible for any expenses the church may incur outside of registration costs paid to CIY.
- If an event is cancelled, in addition to the options described in the previous item above, if a church chooses not to attend a rescheduled or alternate date, CIY will provide an alternate event experience that can be utilized at a location of the church’s choosing (their own facility or another that they book) at no additional cost (beyond the deposits that were already paid & retained by CIY).