Prep for Your Trip
We can’t wait to see you at MOVE this summer! The MOVE team has spent this past year planning and preparing for your arrival. To make your time at MOVE even more enjoyable, here are some things you should know before arriving.
For Extended Rec options, click the button at the top of this page.
In response to a growing number of venues that require the names of all individuals attending an event ahead of time, 21 days or before groups will be responsible for entering attendee and roommate information into Brushfire. The link to enter the attendee information will be sent out approximately 35 days before the event. The timely completion of this data entry will enable CIY to complete the housing assignment process and make the arrival process on campus easier.
Groups will no longer be permitted to assign 1 adult and 1 student to a room. CIY advises groups to house adult leaders in rooms together. For events and trips that include overnight accommodations, Christ In Youth houses attendees based on their biological sex. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us at (417) 781-2273 or email@example.com.
To efficiently prepare housing for each group, the total males and total females registered with each group shall be considered final as of 21 days prior to the event.
The group leader is responsible for notifying MOVE of any changes to the number of males or females at least 21 days prior to the event.
Any changes to the total males or total females less than 21 days prior to the event will result in a $50 Housing Adjustment Fee being added to the group’s total balance – this is a per occurrence fee, not per person.
The Housing Adjustment Fee ($50) will not be charged if the group is adding to its total registration count for the event, only if the number of males or females increases while the total number remains the same or decreases.
- Respect others and yourself.
- No guys in girls' dorms beyond the front lobby and vice versa.
- Alcohol, tobacco, vaping, drugs, and weapons are absolutely prohibited
- Everyone must be in their dorms by the designated “In Dorm Time.”
- For security reasons, no students with backpacks are allowed into the auditorium or cafeteria.
- Follow the schedule. Be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.
- During sessions, stay in your assigned seating. Please follow the posted seating chart.
- Do not leave the auditorium once the speakers begin talking.
- Respect the campus – no TP, water balloons, shaving cream, sidewalk chalk, etc. No practical jokes!
- Do not move furniture as you will be charged for any assessed damage.
- Do not dial 911 unless it is a true emergency.
- Absolutely no fireworks at any time during MOVE or while on campus property.
- No food deliveries of any kind to the campus.
- Students may leave campus ONLY with adult supervision; those staying behind must have an adult present.
- Follow the dress guidelines.
MOVE Clothing Guidelines
Acceptable (or Tip Top!)
- MOVE T-shirts
- Panda Ears
- Plaid Suits
- MOVE sunglasses
- Head Bands
- Tacky Dresses
- Eyeglass pieces
- MOVE Hats
- Feather Boas
- Elbow-length gloves
- Wide-brimmed hats
- MOVE Tattoos
- Short Shorts
- Sagging Pants
- Spaghetti Straps
- Low Cut Tops
What To Bring & What NOT to Bring
What To Bring:
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Clothing for five days, including travel time
- Personal toiletry items, including prescription medication
- Bedding/sleeping bag to fit a single bed
- Money for travel, the Æffect Store, offering, etc
- (optional) Athletic equipment for recreation time
What NOT To Bring
- Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, etc
- Refrigerators TV's, or air-conditioners