Electronic Medical Release Form (eMRF) Full Explanation
Improvements in technology have created an opportunity for Christ In Youth events to transition from physically completed (paper) release forms to a system where those forms are completed electronically and delivered automatically to the people who need the information – the parent/guardian of the student, you as the youth leader, and CIY.
In order to accomplish this, we have developed a system that generates a custom URL for your event registration that points to the online release form. That URL is/was included in the confirmation you will / did receive when you register(ed). There are three things that you as the group leader will need to do in this process:
- Send the URL to the parent/guardian of each student as well as to all the adults that will attend with your group with instructions for them to follow the link to complete the release form.
- As your event date approaches, check to see who has completed their form. To make that part easy, we also included a second link in your confirmation (and will send it to you again in an email about 7 days before the event) that points you directly to a list of the people that have submitted for your group.
- Print a set of copies of all the release forms to bring to the event. This is just so that you have them in the event of an emergency, you will not be required to turn these in.
PLEASE NOTE: Links from previous years are INVALID. You MUST use a new link every year.
There are several ways to point parents and sponsors to the online form. You can use any combination of ways that is easiest for you. As long as they are following the link we send you, it will point them to the right place.
- Email – Copy the link and send to parents & adult leaders
- Text – Copy the link and paste into a text that you send to parents & adult leaders
- Social Media – while probably best not to post publicly, direct messaging or group messaging to parents & adult leaders is an option
- Church blog or website – Copy the link and include it in a blog post or on your youth group’s web page.
- Parent Meeting – Set up several computers before/after a parent meeting and let parents fill out the form while they are there.
- Print The Link – use Bitly.com to shorten the link, print it on event information that you are giving to parents, or sending home with students.
What if I have parents who can’t/won’t/don’t want to complete it online?
- You are welcome to give them a paper form to fill out. Please contact us to receive a copy of the form.
Can I use last year's medical release form link?
- No. Any forms received using a link from a previous year or previous event will NOT be accepted.
What if I have students add to my group at the last minute?
- This system functions in real-time, their parent/guardian can fill out the form while you are on your way to the event. The completed form will show up as soon as it has been submitted.
What if one student cancels and another comes in their place?
- The system won’t restrict the number of releases that are submitted, the parents of the additional student can fill out the form. Let us know who canceled and we can delete the information for that person.
What if I arrive and discover one or more of my forms hasn’t been turned in?
- We’ll resend the link to you so that you get send it out to the parent/guardian that needs to fill it out.
How do I know who has/has not submitted their form? Here are three ways to figure it out:
- Use the update link that was in your registration confirmation and that we will send to you about 7 days prior to the event, compare the list there to your list of people attending.
- Compare the list of emails with MRFs attached that you’ve received to your list of attendees (if you put them all in one folder they will alphabetize by name).
- Call or email us. We will be happy to pull your list and send it to you or tell you if a particular name is/is not on it.