It’s also the perfect time to serve the Kingdom and spread God’s love. That’s why we’ve created a list of service projects (big and small) that you can use all summer long – from neighborhood water balloon fights to organizing a car wash for charity. We’re sure you’ll find something you, your friends and your family can enjoy!
Daily service ideas:
• Hand out cold water bottles to the homeless and anyone who works outside (like mail carriers and construction workers).
• Provide relief from the heat and mow a yard for an elderly person.
• Walk dogs at your local animal shelter.
• Pick up trash at a park or along a walking trail.
• Pay for someone else while standing in line at the ice cream truck.
• Pull weeds or water plants for a neighbor.
• Volunteer at your local food pantry.
• Use chalk to write scripture on sidewalks.
• Give out water balloons to kids in your neighborhood. (Go the extra mile by picking up the plastic shreds after the battle.)
• Make cards and send them to those serving our country.
• Make a meal for a friend in need.
Bigger service ideas:
• Research how you can go on an Engage mission trip in 2019.
• Reach out to your church and ask if there’s a family in need. (This could bring endless possibilities with Kingdom work – keep an open mind.)
• Organize a car wash and give donations to a nonprofit organization.
• Collect used board games and host a game night at your local nursing home.
• Put together a craft camp, science camp, or Bible study for kids in your neighborhood.
• Organize a “Christmas in July” event for kids in the hospital.
Have more ideas? Share them with us! We love hearing stories of how you’re serving your community to glorify God’s Kingdom this summer! Email email@example.com.
Mariah Evans is an executive campaign administrator for Christ In Youth.