Each person (youth and leaders) should have an individual medical release/consent form signed. Each leader should sign the individual Child Protection disclosure form. The overall leader in charge of your group should also sign the Group Child Protection Verification form. All these forms need to be brought with you to complete registration of your group and leaders.
- Respect others, yourself, and the school property. Treat others and the grounds like how you would want to be treated.
- No boys in girls’ dorms and vice versa.
- Alcohol, tobacco, vaping, drugs, and weapons are absolutely prohibited.
- Everyone must be in their dorms by the designated “In Dorm Time”.
- Please follow the schedule. Be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.
- Please do not leave the auditorium once the speakers begin talking.
- Respect the campus – any damage will be paid for by your church and your parents/guardians.
- Please do not move furniture and rearrange the furniture unless permission is given.
- No food deliveries of any kind to the campus.
- Young people are not allowed to leave campus unless in emergency and ONLY with adult supervision; those staying behind must have an adult present.
· Notebook and pen/pencil
· Clothing for five days, including travel time
· Personal toiletry items/ sun cream (hopefully), including prescription medication
· Sleeping Bag (sheets, pillows, and pillowcases will be provided)
· Money for travel, the MOVE Store/ Tuck Shop, offering, etc
· Sports clothing/old clothes for recreation time
. Swimming costume and hat
· Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, etc
· Refrigerators TV’s, or air-conditioners
WE BELIEVE THAT SMALL GROUP CONVERSATIONS ARE A CRITICAL PART OF YOUR YOUNG PEOPLE’S EXPERIENCE AT MOVE. CIY CONVOS IS AN APP DESIGNED TO MAXIMIZE THE DISCUSSION, PARTICIPATION, AND COMMUNITY THAT COME FROM QUALITY SMALL GROUP TIME.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
The ideal number for each Small Group this summer is 10. While it’s not mandatory, groups of five or fewer might want to think about joining with another group of similar size, and groups larger than 15 should consider splitting into two groups, if possible.
All of the CONVOS that you’ll need for the week will be in the CIY CONVOS app. You will be given a code in the days leading up to your event that will allow you to access them. Make sure at least one adult per small group has downloaded the CIY CONVOS app and entered the access code.
Everyone in the group will have a chance to lead the conversation, so make sure the adult leader has a device they don’t mind passing around to the group. It’s also a good idea to make sure notifications are turned off and that the device is charged before you begin!
After the Morning Session, and after your group has completed their Selah time, gather together and have one adult leader open the CIY CONVOS app and select the topic for the day. CONVOS will then allow your young people to lead a discussion using three different components:
Pass It: tells participants when to hand the device to someone else in the group
Read It/Pray It/Watch It: prompt participants on different ways to engage the group in conversation
Poll It: pass the device around to allow young people to give feedback that will inform the discussion
Each person is responsible for leading the group through the prompt they are given.
CONVOS will tell you when your small group time together is finished.
SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR A SUCCESSFUL SMALL GROUP EXPERIENCE:
Look over the CONVOS. Previewing the content will help you be prepared to lead your group beyond what the experience naturally provides.
Have fun! Don’t take yourself too seriously. You set the tone for the rest of the group.
Pray for Jesus to use your Small Group time and to speak to you and the group through this experience.
Pay attention to what your young people are saying. Listen for good opportunities to ask questions and allow the group to explain further what they’re thinking.
Show your appreciation when they open up or take a risk by sharing something.
Take pictures and post updates for your church and families. Be sure to use your event hashtag, which will be posted at Adult Leader Meeting!